Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Today is the day

I love shipwrecks and there is a great story about the Atocha ship off Florida Keys. It was sunk in the 1600s filled with Spanish gold and silver. Mel Fisher serachedf or over 10 years to find this vessel and every morning he would not get discouraged with his failures, his losses, he would simply say "Today's the Day" and one day it was and he found the vessel and has and continues to recover billion of dollars.

So Today's the Day! We are off to the hospital for a c section today at 1:30. Baby girl has never dropped, never engaged and no movement in dillation or cervix. Last ultrasound last week had the estimate at 9lbs and the dr believes the reason at 40 weeks we have no movement is that the little firecracker has nowhere to go. So off to hospital we go.

I am fine with the c section. This child was created with the help of science, 4 surgeries and I am fine with her delivery being with the help of science and a surgery.

I went yesterday for the pre registration at the hospital and they were very busy and disorganzied. I did not like that feeling as it did not reassure me that everything would be smooth but eventually they were able to get the doctor's paperwork and go through the checklist.

So now, I have the bad packed, and my family are all eating breakfast in the other room as I cannot eat or drink anything until surgery. I still have heartburn and I took the last one I said good bye to Tums and hope that I get some relief from the heartburn.

I will update later but it is near the end of a long journey...22 months, 2 miscarriages, 4 surgeries and many tears, shots, prayers. It is near the end to see our firecracker. Thank you for the prayers, thanks for the good thoughts. Let's hope firecracker is calm and cool like her father this morning as he is my rock and we would not be here without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment