Saturday, September 18, 2010

A New 4 day wait!!!!

First, I am thankful that my work was absolutely crazy this week. I hardly had time to breathe but it was good because it kept my mind off the medications I was taking. I did not have time to really worry: "Am I doing giving the shots right?" "Did I take the pills at the right time?"Is it working?" My husband gave me 2 of the 3 shots and I will admit that he has the touch as they did not hurt at all. The one day I gave myself the shot, it stung. Finally, on Saturday morning we had our follow up ultra sound. It is amazing how many young women were at the RE office on a Saturday. I said a silent prayer for all of us this morning that this would be the last Saturday morning that we all spent in the RE office because we had good news.

Ultrasound showed 6 follicles 3 on the left and 3 on the right. As this is the first time I have done this process, I did not write down all the sizes but the nurse said there were about 3 mature follicles at 13 and most important she said it looked good to TTC this week!! I had to have a blood test and wait for the doctor to call at lunch after reviewing test numbers.

The bad nurse called with good news. Estrogen levels were where they are supposed to be and we are going to try and conceive this week. She gave us the TTC plan for September: Sunday is one more shot ( I am going have my husband do this one as he has the gentle touch). Then we give the Ovidrel shots on Monday night ( again my husbands task) which should trigger ovulation between 18-36 hrs after it is administered. On Wednesday September 22, 2010 we are scheduled for our first IUI. Then, for the first time in over 6 months we begin the Two week wait to see our results.

I promise not to drive myself crazy on the internet comparing follicle sizes and estrogen levels with other women who are using an RE. I have had such peace in this process the last week that I am living in the moment and trusting in God that this cycle is a success. I am positive, I am excited,I am hopeful...which is a huge step in the right direction.

Good news to seem to follow the women who have been my biggest supporters. They have been reinvigorated in faith, have found some answers/ made plans and we have been re-charged for the next week. I am praying for us all.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you tons of luck and hoping to join you with good news soon! I'm starting all the injections this week--big steps, praying they end with big news for both of us!!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you hugs. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. And i am happy that things are going well. wishing you all the best;o)

    ReplyDelete